Sunday, August 1, 2010

Paint is....

Done!
We finally got it all done.  It took 2 weeks and 2 days to paint the entire (almost) house.  We did all the ceilings, all the trim, and almost every room.  Cambrie chose to keep her room the lovely green shade it was.  It feels so nice to have all the major stuff done!  So, do you want to see?
Lets start in the Living Room- Before
During
And AFTER
Kitchen Before

After
So I did decided to go with the Chase color (living room).  I was a little scared at first thinking it looked a lot like toothpaste.  But I think it looks much better all over the walls.  The Green is not the CEO I mentioned before.  It was too blue.  I took the CEO gallon back to Kwals to see if they could change it.  I had 2  different samples from Martha Stewart's paint line and asked to get it closer to those.  Her colors were artichoke heart and Timothy Hay.  One was too dark the other too yellow.  The guy there was really helpful and said he thought he knew what direction I was trying to go.  Good thing he did!  It turned out great.  It's actually Blake's favorite color in the house.  Which really surprised me!  I had these great dish towels to help me figure out the colors as well.  Aren't they great?  I found them at Kmart!  I haven't been in there for years!
 
(picture is from House of Smiths.  She showed it on her blog and that's when I ran to Kmart-knowing it would be perfect!)
I'm thinking of doing something fun with that pattern in my laundry room....
So that's the main part of the house.  Show you more later!

9 comments:

Christina said...

Wow! Looks fantastic! What a process.

Charlotte said...

You guys did a great job! Our own home painting efforts don't look nearly so professional. I really love the living room. Can't wait to see it!

Kate Johnson said...

It looks great! Good work. I hope we get to see it in person!

{Kaitlyn} said...

LOVE the new color. It's nice and light and cool. Blake will be happy you wont have to paint for years with that palate.

Michelle said...

How exciting! You're all done painting... and it looks AWESOME! Good job! If you're sad that you're all done painting and you start missing it you can always come do our house, ha ha :)!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I love the colors you chose!! Very nice!

Aubrey said...

I love that blue! What color is it and from what maker? I NEED to know!

Anonymous said...

What is the wall color? Looks great!

Unknown said...

What paint brand/color did you paint your kitchen - I LOVE IT!

Can you email me at juliannegroff52@gmail.com

Thanks!